Although you should read through the Policy for complete information on how we collect, use, share, and secure information, the following provides a summary of some the most important aspects of or our privacy practices:
- We may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with services, including to process donations or payments you make, to improve our services, and to provide you with information on upcoming events, announcements, and contests.
- We may share your personally identifiable information under certain circumstances as disclosed in this Policy.
- We take reasonable measures to secure your personal information, but we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
- NOTICE TO EU RESIDENTS
This Policy is intended to provide adequate and consistent safeguards for the handling of personal information in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“the Directive”) and all the relevant transposing legislation of the Directive in the European Union/European Economic Area, the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act, as such laws may from time to time be amended and valid during the application of this Policy, the Privacy Shield, and any other privacy laws, regulations and principles concerning the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of personal data transferred from the European Economic Area or Switzerland to the United States including but not limited to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“the General Data Protection Regulation”) as of its entry into force on May 25, 2018.
Principles for Processing Personal Information
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information in compliance with the applicable legislation. This compliance is consistent with our desire to keep you informed and to recognize and respect your privacy rights. We agree to observe the following principles when processing personal information:
- Data will be processed fairly and in accordance with applicable law.
- Data will be collected for specified, legitimate purposes and not processed further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
- Data will be relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which they are collected and used. For example data may be rendered anonymous if deemed reasonable, feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
- Data subjects in the EUROPEAN UNION will be asked to provide their clear and unequivocal consent for the collection, processing and transfer of their personal data.
- Data will be accurate and, where necessary kept up up-to-date. Reasonable steps will be taken to rectify or delete personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Data will be kept only as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. Those purposes shall be described in this Policy.
- Data will be deleted or amended following a relevant request by the concerned data subject, should such notice comply with the applicable legislation each time.
- Data will be processed in accordance with the individual’s legal rights (as described in this Policy or as provided by law).
- Appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction or damage to data. In case of any such violation with respect to personal data, we will take appropriate steps to end the violation and determine liabilities in accordance with applicable law and will cooperate with the competent authorities.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When you register for a Ninebuzz account, Ninebuzz collects personal information such as your username, email address, birth date, gender, musical instrument preferences, and any other personal or preference information that you enter into the Service, as well as your profile picture. Ninebuzz will use your personal information for the following general purposes: (i) to provide you with Services; (ii) to respond to your questions and comments; (iii) to communicate with you via regular mail and email (or other electronic means) about the Service; for (iv) statistical purposes and (v) otherwise as described to you at the point of collection. When you use the Service, you may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, enrol in events and courses, and transmit information through various channels. Ninebuzz stores and collects this information so that we can provide you with the Service and offer personalised features. Ninebuzz also receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the pages you request, whether or not you register for an account. We uses such information to customise the advertising and Content you see, fulfil your requests for products and services, improve our Service, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal purposes and for external clients such as advertisers. If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the site. Ninebuzz may attempt to send invitations more than once. Ninebuzz stores this information to send such emails, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Please note that if you enter payment details into the Service when purchasing a Paid Service (including any Premium VIP Membership), Ninebuzz itself does not receive or store such payment information, as such information is received, stored and used by our payment service providers for the purpose of completing the purchase. You can opt out of email communication initiated by Ninebuzz including newsletters, email notifications and progress reports, in your Settings on the Site.
- STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your browser to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use some features of the Service.
Ninebuzz lets other entities that show advertisements or provide services on some of our web pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities’ use of their cookies are subject to their own privacy policies, and not this policy. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Ninebuzz cookies.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ninebuzz does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with third parties except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or in the following circumstances:
- where Ninebuzz is responding to a subpoena, court order, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims;
- where Ninebuzz believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Ninebuzz’’s Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- where you are using a Paid Service (including any level of Premium VIP Membership) in your capacity as a student or an employee or other third party using the Paid Service, we may in such circumstances share your personal information with your educational establishment, your employer or any third party paying for the Service on your behalf (as the case may be) to allow them to monitor your use of the Paid Service;
Please remember that whenever you disclose personal information online, that information can be collected and used by others. By posting personal information online that is publicly accessible, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties as a result.
- THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
Ninebuzz reserves the right to displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the relevant targeting criteria (for example, men ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area). Ninebuzz does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad. We may also carry out targeted advertising to you on behalf of one or more third parties, but in doing so we will not share your email address or other personal information with such third parties.
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
However, when you pay for any Premium Level VIP Service, Ninebuzz uses secure payment service providers to make sure that your payments are secure. Additionally, purchases made through iOS App Store are governed and collected pursuant to Apple, Inc. Terms of Service.
- MINORS AND THE PRIVACY OF INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
Children under 13 are not allowed to use any products or services provided by Ninebuzz Software, LLC. If you are based in the EEA you may only use Ninebuzz Software, LLC products if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of Ninebuzz Software, LLC has been provided to us. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using products or services provided by Ninebuzz Software, LLC and you don’t want them to, please contact us below.
- INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS AND TRANSFERS OUT OF SWITZERLAND AND THE EEA
Ninebuzz Software, LLC (including but not limited to Drum Beats+) provides worldwide services. By using products or services provided by Ninebuzz Software, LLC, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- CONTACTING NINEBUZZ
By using this Service, you consent to the collection and use of your Personal Information by Ninebuzz Software, LLC in accordance with this Policy and consistent with the laws of your country (including but not limited to EU).
Last updated: May 25, 2018